Monday, 23 October 2017

Rangers FC: Players an embarrassment to club – Caixinha


Pedro Caixinha says his Rangers team "embarrassed" him and the club at Hampden Park on Sunday.


The gers' failure to reach the first domestic final of the season has put added pressure on Caixinhas’ management prompting the Portuguese gaffer to launch an attack on his Rangers players, accusing the team of embarrassing him, the club and the fans.

"I've told the players: 'You are embarrassing me, you are embarrassing our club, you are embarrassing our fans'," Caixinha said.

"Now it is time for you to react and I'm glad we're playing on Wednesday."

Caixinha, who took over in March and has a current record of 14 wins, four draws and seven defeats, was blunt when asked if the players were tough enough to play for Rangers, responding:

“It doesn’t look like that, I’ve already told the players and that’s why I’m telling you.

"Now I expect to be paid the other way around," he said. "These players pay for this club, for this badge. These players pay for me.

"Are they behind me? That's what they need to show.

"If they are in a semi-final (with the chance) to make history for this club and they play like that, then something is wrong.

"Now they need to prove (themselves). It is part of the past, it's been identified, it's already been discussed. Let's move the page forward. Wednesday is the next stage for them to prove it."

However, were it not for injuries to goalkeeper Jak Alnwick and Fabio Cardoso the manager said he would send Sunday's starting XI out against Kilmarnock in the Premiership on Wednesday to make amends.


Has it not been for injuries, defender Fabio Cardoso and Jak Alnwick would be present in the starting line up for Rangers for their upcoming midweek fixture against Kilmarnock to make amends for their dismal semi-final display. It is expected that the same starting XI that lined up for the weekend fixture will be fielded on Wednesday, in order for players to make up for for their poor performance and prove they can handle the pressure at Ibrox.

"I've already told the players and that's why I'm telling you. I cannot count on Jak for Wednesday because he felt a contusion on his arm.

"You have seen Fabio's face (he suffered a broken nose after seemingly being elbowed by Ryan Bowman), so I cannot count on him.

"If I could pick the same XI, if they were all available, those guys who didn't do the work who really needed to do it (on Sunday), those are the ones who would start on Wednesday."

Now Caixinha, who has yet to string three games unbeaten this season, has demanded a response from team going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is the Scotland National Team in need of a new home? – Fans react (Part 1)

As it was revealed last week that the Scottish Football Association had invited the Scottish Rugby Union to bring forth proposals ...